Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Celebrity Meeting!

Yesterday morning delivered a great surprise! I had to attend an early morning awards breakfast at a local company. I didn't think much of it until I watched a video of their surprise M.C. for the event. I hear words about Second City, SCTV, Ghostbusters, etc. Then suddenly I see Harold Ramis' face pop up on the screen! Harold Ramis! Harold Ramis, you ask? How could you not know this talented face and even more talented writer and director?!!!

My boss insisted that I meet him. I was overcome with nervousness and mumbled something like, "nah, I couldn't do that. I'd die!" Many people love meeting celebrities. I usually run the other way. I mean, what do I say? Why should they care? Before I knew it, they grabbed my arm and pulled me over to meet Mr. Ramis. One of the women knew him so it wasn't a big deal for her to introduce me. I'm sure my face was flaming hot. She mentioned to him that I attended Second City. Here is the transcript from our conversation:

Scene: Large elite Club
Atmosphere: Bustling
Character trait: distracted, nervous and overwhelmed as the camera bulbs flashed...acting like a 12 year old girl who has a crush on the boy she's talking to.

"Harold, this is Katy and she's at Second City. I wanted you to meet her."

"Oh, you're at Second City."

"umm, yes. I am finishing the conservatory program"

"You're an actress?"

"Yes!"

"That's great! How long have you been there?"

"Two years or so."

"Did you study this in college?"

**distracted by fans and flash bulbs

"Umm, honestly, no. It's just something I've always wanted to do and figured why not now, just give it a shot."

"That's exactly what I did."

"Really? That's so good to know!"

**witty banter, witty banter, blah blah blah, you're awesome, blah blah

That's really all I remember. But I will post a picture as soon as someone sends it to me. I'm sure I'll be mid-sentence with my mouth making a weird shape. Plus my face will be red. But seriously, how cool is that?!!!! I never meet celebrities. Sure I'm usually running the other way or sneaking photos of them while they're on the beach with their families, but wow! Harold is a legend! I'm sure he's calling up agencies trying to locate the random girl actress he met at an event. I bet he's already written a part for me! If I were more strategic, I'd have put a headshot in his hand. But I wasn't thinking clearly at the moment.

1 comment:

Kellsey said...

AWESOME!

That is so cool, Katy. I am sure that he IS trying to track down the anonymous actress he met at the bustling large elite club. I know I would be.