Monday, May 08, 2006

Conan O'Brien

My friends make fun of me because I can't pronounce "Conan" correctly. I say it like "Conan the Barbarian" instead of "Co-nen". Wait, maybe I've said that wrong my whole life too. That would be the case.



















It's almost like he's Jabba the Hutt after using the "Bowflex" and drinking protein shakes.

They also make fun of me because I say "booze-um" instead of "bosom." Maybe it's because I'm a Texan.

Did you know that Conan, aka. Conaane, is hosting his show from the great city of Chicago this week? That's all we've heard about for the past month or so. My friend, Jason, was lucky enough to win two tickets in a contest. Unfortunately, I was not asked to attend with him. It's probably better that way. I can't even pronounce the hosts' name correctly. But here's a great interview with Conan where he talks about Chicago, Second City and the influence improv has on his work.

I'm 30 years old. When Conan was 30, he just got the "Late Night" gig. That's enough to make me want to stick my head in an oven. Not really. No need to intervene and put me on prozac.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn...apparently 75,000 people applied for tickets online. Tell you what, if Laurie's not there immediately, you'll be the first to get the call.

CrazyJohn said...

Oh... look who figured out how to put pictures in with the rest of the text. I am so proud. You don't need me at all anymore, do you? (Please say yes. You're my own reason for living)