Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Duck Headed Canes

So this morning I walked into a bar. . .and it hurt. Get it? Hahahahahaha. Aw, man! Why didn't I wear my waterproof mascara? But seriously, I did walk into a bar and it did hurt. As I was about to walk through the gauntlet to enter the el I must have been thinking about some hilarious sketch I was going to create about a guy who is infatuated with canes that have duck heads.





















"Slap me some skin!"

Next thing I know I'm trying to go through the turnstile and it hits me right at the hip bones. I almost sommersalted over the thing. I quickly look up and look around me while making noises that are unintelligible but imply "Oh my gosh I'm such an idiot. Can you believe I tried to walk through here without paying first? And would you look at that! I have the card right here in my hand! I also just ordered the greatest pair of shoes off the Banana Republic website. Score!"

I have on the same pink sweater that I wore the day I forgot my wallet. It must be the sweater. BURN IT!

2 comments:

Kellsey said...

Loved the post and hope your hips don't bruise too badly. However, I just have to ask: what's the story with the hand-cane-thing?

Anonymous said...

I was riveted till you mentioned new shoes from Banana. Now I'm slathering at the mouth hoping you'll post a pic of THEM.