Friday, May 19, 2006

Stuck

I've been a bit down this week and I can figure out if it's because I'm paying my monthly dues or if it's because I really am unsatisfied with life at the moment. Both ingredients probably factor into the whole.

While talking with Becky last night I came up with an analogy of how I am feeling. I feel like I'm running behind or I'm late for something big. I am stuck at a stop light while all the other cars seem to be able to get where they are going. I am unsure of where I'm headed and the map in my hand is unreadable and doesn't make sense.

I know where I want to be but I don't know how to get there and the path I'm taking just isn't getting me there as soon as I'd like. Waiting is the hardest part of life at the moment. I'm restless to make something happen but it's not for me to decide. How exactly does "active faith" work?

I don't like being late and waiting makes me anxious. It's the "character building" phase of life. This character better be worth it!

2 comments:

Missie said...

A bit of encouragement...The wait stinks...but look at your endless wait for Co-nan O'brien...well worth it! Sweet Baby Ray was it ever worth it...
Missie

Anonymous said...

I think this is something I struggle with understanding.....this idea of making a decision and trying to move forward in action while at the same time trying to hear/know where or what God wants you to do...