Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Montana

What's not to like about Montana? It's a practically perfect place. There are mountains, ski slopes, clear rivers, fly-fishing, hiking, biking and the sun doesn't set until 10pm...I could go on and on! Just like last year, my heart remains in Montana.

We continued our family tradition of fly-fishing over the July 4th weekend in Missoula. This year Patrick caught the largest fish, a 22 inch brown trout on the Blackfoot River. I caught a 20 inch Cut Throat on the Bitter Root but couldn't quite drag him all the way into the boat. It's such an exciting feeling. My dad fished in the front of the boat, WHICH WILL CHANGE NEXT YEAR! He kept catching all the fish and left me to stare at a floating handmade fly. But I did catch some rays, and let's be honest, that's all I really care about. Next time you see me please notice my perfectly tanned hands and my tanned feet that have various stripes due to wearing Chaco's.

This year I brought a little femininity to fishing. I found a really cute skirt that was made for women to wear while fishing. It's much better than those ugly shorts that are made for men and that women who have hips have no hope of wearing. I think it really helped me catch those fish and definitely helped with catching rays.

The rest of my family left to drive up to Glacier National Park for hiking and camping. I unfortunately had to come back to work. I asked my family to kidnap me. I was serious. Apparently they didn't see the pleading in my eyes.

Oh, and congratulations to my good friends, Chris and Marissa, on their wedding this past Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

POST PHOTOS. NOW. thank you.