Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Acne Away!

I finally went to see the dermatologist today. My adult acne has almost arrived at the point of no return and that's just not acceptable. What happened to my youthful glowing skin? I turned 30.

I wrote on the clipboard documents that I came in for "adult acne" and for a "mole check." I have so many moles on my back that it looks like a constellation. There's probably some long desired key that could crack the toughest of secret codes just sitting on my back. Connect the dots...la la la. My moles are mainly on my back and a couple on my stomach. I figured I'd just lift the shirt and she'd take a gander. Nothing ever works that way for me.

The nurse stepped out just after asking me to put on a gown. "Take everything off but you can leave on your underwear." My first thought was, "Thank goodness I have on my cute underwear today!" followed by, "Why would they have me do that? I can easily lift up my shirt."

The doctor came in and I have acne that's probably inspired by hormones. No joke. Give me a doctors degree because I diagnosed that one A LONG TIME AGO!

Then came mole check time. They had my lay down on the examination table. She basically stripped that gown off and took that instrument they use to look into your ears to examine each. and. every. mole. Then came the "flip over." I pretended I was just sunning myself on the beach and that it's no big deal to have someone examine every nook and cranny. But again, I did have on my cute panties. That at least left me some dignity.



















Go get yourself a pair! On sale now at Nordstrom.

Good news, it's official: I have no moles on my butt. Bad news, I have to have three moles removed when I get home. Now that's going to really confuse someone who may try to crack the code.

1 comment:

Kellsey said...

Kates,

I just wanted you to know that I laughed out loud at this post. Thanks for sharing--also, lovely panties.