Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Humble Thyself

Or if you can't humble yourself, God will do it for you. I thought I was just having a bad day yesterday. You know, one of those "I never should have left the house" kind of days. Wearing high heels I had to coordinate carrying a heavy box while using an umbrella and flagging down a taxi. Soaking wet I attended a meeting where I was the featured speaker. Then while unbuttoning my pants to get my laser treatment I found out that they had to cancel it because I'm taking oral antibiotics. Thank you adult acne. My post work trek took me an hour and a half and three modes of transportation. Apparently the CTA was having a tough day as well. I was having one big fat pity party for myself all day yesterday. I knew that my reasons for pouting were weak. But I have PMS! Everything is a personal insult and exaggerated by 234% when you have PMS. Crawling into bed last night I finally said "Yes God, I know, it's not about me. I get it. I GET it."

Apparently He REALLY wanted me to get his point and made sure I recognized it today. Let's just say that I may be sporting a little scab under each eyebrow. Topical creme and eyebrow waxing do not mix. Again, thank you adult acne. I had my own walk of shame from Spa Nordstrom back to the office . Watch this be the week that an agent calls me in to audition or meet the potential love of my life. All I can do is laugh and realize that this will make one funny story...in about 5 months. There is one question that I cannot answer: which is worse? Having Josh Hartnett eyebrows or scabs forming on your eyelids?

3 comments:

Kellsey said...

I'm sorry, katy. This sounds like it was rough. Very rough.

However, if you want to commiserate with someone else in misery, check out Jana's "Sweetpea" blog and see what unpleasant surprises recently occurred to her.

http://www.sweetpea76.blogspot.com

Macon said...

In light of your "it could be worse" comments, I recommend this video. Scroll to "Addressing Employee Complaints."

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. And you haven't even mentioned this when we've talked on the phone. You'll get a great big mama hug when I see you Friday.