Thursday, October 12, 2006

Anniversary

Sunday marked my three year anniversary here in Chicago. I celebrated by throwing a work event for over 10,000 people. It reminded me of how far I've come since I left on a 15 hour road trip with my dad three years ago. So much has happened in those three years. I've been blessed with great opportunities, wonderful friends and unforgettable memories. I thought it might be fun to highlight opportunities I've had since picking up my life and moving to Chicago.

  1. Road trip with Dad
  2. Slept on Kathie's couch for 4 months
  3. Celebrated and mourned with the Cubs loss to the Marlins - Bartlett ball incident
  4. Met Joss Stone
  5. Got a great job, new roommates and an apartment all in ONE day
  6. Ran 2 half marathons
  7. Completed a sprint triathalon
  8. Trip to Hawaii
  9. Brother, Patrick, got married to Alicia
  10. Erin & Chris had a baby
  11. Best friend, Beckles, got married
  12. Auditioned for the Second City Conservatory & got in!
  13. Graduated from the Second City Conservatory
  14. Made life-long friends from Second City
  15. Finished the iO improv training program
  16. Performed with Quick!Paddle!! at iO
  17. Performed with Sable (my first improv show ever)
  18. Auditioned and got cast in "Generation X-Communication"
  19. Performed with friends in "Mockupations"
  20. Asked to perform at House of Blues with Rebirth
  21. First audition for a play and CAST!
  22. One minute part in a seven minute play - "The Resignation"
  23. Picked up Gary Hall Jr. from the airport
  24. Learned to flyfish with my dad and patrick in Montana
  25. Family trip to Vancouver
  26. Climbed the Grouse Grind
  27. Lost 20 pounds
  28. Gained 20 pounds
  29. Had many unsuccessful blind dates
  30. Turned 30 and had my whole family celebrating with me
  31. Skiing with my family in Breckenridge, Colorado
  32. Went to Stacey, Rachel, Katherine and Lindsay's Weddings
  33. Shook Harold Ramis' hand and talked to him about Second City
  34. Re-introduced Chris & Marissa who ended up getting married
  35. Bought a couch and oversized chair
  36. Got numerous parking tickets
  37. Part of the greatest small group ever
  38. Live with my cousin, Jessie
  39. Learned that I don't like beer but like a good Cider
  40. Discovered Potbellies
  41. Attended 2 plays at Steppenwolf with Helen
  42. Met most of Chicago's top CEO's
  43. Passed by Scott Speedman on Dearborn St.
  44. Found the love of my life - "Dancing with the Stars"
  45. Bonding with Auntie
  46. Cubs games with roommates, dad, work, Ashley and Drewbie
  47. Becky, Wendy, Katherine, Dow, Bunny, Marissa and Courtney visit me
  48. Family Reunion in Myrtle Beach
  49. Laser Hair Removal!!!
  50. Discovered D'Agostino's thin crust extra sauce cheese pizza. mmmmm good.

I'm going to stop at 50. I think that's a good number. I am blessed beyond words and comprehension. So much can happen in three years. I took a risk by leaving everything I knew and look how much I've been able to do with my life. Three years passed by so quickly. I wouldn't change a thing. I want to make the most of the time that I have here.

I know that there are many things that I've failed to mention or momentarily forgotten. Please feel free to add any memories you've had with me over the last three years. I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Um, Bathroom Talk Sky Box show!

Beck said...

51. Discovered hatred for grocery shopping at the Jewel.
52. Numerous celebrity sitings: Vince Vaughn, Jeremy Sisto, Scott Speedman.
53. Front section seats at U2.

Anonymous said...

All of your family that has visited has commented that "Katy will NEVER return to Dallas. Chicago is just too terrific". Well, even though that's true, my dear, the BEST part about Chicago is that you're there. It's so wonderful to see you...and so hard to say goodbye! But that's ok. We love that you love your life. Truly. And we'll try to spread out our visits a little :-)
LOVE YOU!!! Mom