Saturday, October 28, 2006

Week Worth Mentioning

This week was jam packed with events and non-events.

First, I had my Second City Touring Company understudy audition. It went okay. It wasn't spectacular and it wasn't horrible. It was just kind of...eh. But I'm glad I did it and I can't wait to do it again!

Second, I missed two days of work due to illness. I finally went to the doctor and he gave me a strep test. My throat was raw, soar, swollen and covered with white dots. A sign of strep? That's what I thought. When the test came back negative the doctor said it was just Post-Nasal Drip and that I should just take some Benadryl. All that for POST-NASAL DRIP!??? Well, at least I got caught up on my sleep and am feeling a wee bit cabin feverish.

Finally, when I returned home from the doctor, my roommate said that we had had a visitor. This woman claimed she was from the projects and had been receiving my mail occasionally. She refused to give it to my roommate because I wasn't home and she asked for a reward. UMMMM, a REWARD???? First of all, don't come to my house! Secondly, it's called good citizenship. Thirdly, do what we all do, put "Return to Sender" on it or "Wrong Address." I wouldn't be too upset but one of the envelopes has a check in it. The check has since been cancelled. The woman called last night and said she was on her way again to give me my mail. I just asked her not to come over but instead to take it to the post office. She then proceeded to ask for a reward. I did what the post-office told me to do....I said no. This whole thing makes me nervous.

Anyway, I just took an anti-histamine and now I have the shakes. What a week!

1 comment:

Kellsey said...

Yuck on several fronts. I'm sorry you've been illin', my friend, and I'm sorry about the weird woman with your mail. I often get my neighbors' mail and I always just take it over and give it to them. Who ever heard of wanting a reward because the mail man messed up?

That's very odd...very odd.