Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend with the Ladies

Last weekend I had the honor and privilege to spend a couple of days with some of the most incredible women I know. My mom, her three sisters and a cousin came to Chicago for a girls weekend. What a fabulous idea! I can't wait to do that with my sisters!














This picture is only slightly posed.

We stayed downtown at the Hotel Intercontinental. They put us in three rooms that basically connected together. I felt like I was at camp...a plush camp for women over the age of 50...and loved it! We sat around in our robes late at night and early in the morning drinking coffee, laughing and telling stories. I began to see how each woman is unique and how they all have different personalities. Aside from the fact that they look like they could be quadruplettes, their intracacies came out. But the wonderful thing is to see how they all fit together to make an incredibly loving and entertaining family. I haven't laughed this hard in months!

We saw my midnight show (I'm proud of you ladies for staying up until 2am!), ate long meals at amazing restaurants, shopped til we dropped and of course saw Menopause the Musical! The audience for Menopause the Musical was rowdy! I've never heard so many Amen's and applause of recognitions. These women have a secret club and only they know the lingo. It's fabulous.

They made me feel so loved and a part of the crew. They made me excited to grow older because they have such a zest for life. I hope I'm like them when I grow up! I couldn't help but cry when I left them because I would miss them each. But mostly I'd miss the product of the whole.















Lucky for them I've let a week pass me by and have conveniently "forgotten" some of our conversations and mishaps. Feel free to share your stories. I'll be sure to add any I suddenly remember and CAN talk about. My dating life always was a topic of interest. I didn't feel interrogated. They were great about asking questions and giving encouragement. No topic was a taboo topic for these ladies. It was GREAT! Thank you Mom, Mary, Kathy, Beth and Maryanne.

I miss you all already!

No comments: