Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Agent

I had an interview recently with an agent that wanted to sign me exclusively for TV/Film. I heard from all past teachers and other actors NOT to sign exclusively; especially when you don't really know the agency. So I sent an email saying that I would not feel comfortable signing exclusive but I promise not to have more than one other agency (even though I don't even have that one yet). I got an email back that was, let's just say, not so friendly. God answered my prayers on that one. I wasn't feeling great about it in the first place so I was happy that the answer was handed to me on a silver platter.

Of course I'm frustrated because I think - I know that I'm good enough to have a good agent working for me. I become impatient and wonder when doors will finally be opened. Today I read a little flip calendar at work my friend, Gina, gave to me. It says, "Be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you." 1 Peter 5:6-7. I feel peace and remember that God is in control. It's all about faith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how non-legit entities reveal themselves so easily by putting their would-be victims on the defensive? It's crazy--glad you listened to your instinct and dodged that bullet!

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Katy, I am so proud of you. I know its hard. I would not have been that cautious, so good for you! I am praying for you.

I love you
Erin

Beck said...

You give me that agent's name right now so I can go bust some skulls!!

Wait. That was the old Becky. I will simply pray for that agent to one day watch the bigscreen and think, "I missed out on Katy Orender..."

I'm proud of you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if the old becky still wants to bust skulls, I'll help :)