Monday, February 02, 2009

Treat Myself Right

Kids, I have been on an incredible eating revolution the past couple of weeks. There's nothing new or exciting about it. It's straight up discipline, eating healthy, and making wise choices. It all started after a lunch of a burger and fries at Weber Grill. I felt so icky sick afterwards and frustrated at myself too. I was tired of getting frustrated at myself, so I decided to do something about it. I think the timing was perfect. I was ready to make a change. So far, so good. God has given me strength the past couple of weeks. I pray that He helps me again at 3:00 when we have an office "Cake Break" for February birthdays. I plan on having an apple with me. I never like missing out on food.

The biggest part of the success so far (5.5 pounds!) is having a plan. I have a plan! I have a certain weight I'd like to reach in 10 weeks. I've alloted 1.5 pounds per week. Some weeks I'll lose more, some less. If I don't reach the goal weight, at least I've become healthier, less frustrated and will look damn hot.

Today's meal plan:
Breakfast: 200 calories of All Bran Wheat flakes with a few blueberries & 8oz. of skim milk.
WATER WATER WATER WATER
Snack (2.5 hours later): non-fat yogurt with 3 stoneground wheat crackers
WATER WATER WATER WATER
Lunch: Salad with tomatoes, mushrooms and low fat dressing. 4oz. Turkey on 2 slices of stoneground wheat bread with mustard.
WATER WATER WATER WATER
Snack: See above (it's easy)
WATER WATER WATER WATER
Dinner: 8oz. sweet potato with a dash of splenda, 2 cups of broccoli, 4 oz. broiled chicken
WATER WATER WATER WATER
**I have class tonight so I might have an apple to keep me going for three hours.

I keep it simple since I don't have much time to cook. I rarely eat out and I'm very specific when I take the luxury. I've realized it doesn't take THAT long to cook extras to reheat the next day. I set aside two times a week to have something not on my menu plan (raise the roof for Ben & Jerry's last night!). I mix it up with fish, fish tacos, fajitas, chicken-kabobs, brown rice. It's been really great. I feel like I have more energy, control, and I've actually been more productive in life. Plus someone told me I looked "tiny." Praise Jesus! Oh, I also do cardio and weights throughout the week - nothing earth shattering, but enough to get my heart pumping and my clothes soaked in sweat. Plus I have a certain accountability of having to pay $10 to an organization I do not support if I blow a meal.

God give me strength. My reward? A Diane Von Furstenberg dress, of course!

1 comment:

Beck said...

"$10 to an organization I do not support." :)

I am so very proud of you. I've seen you do this plan before & am more than convinced that you'll be successful. And I completely know that sick feeling that junk food brings - it's a great incentive to change. I know you'll be feelin' great. Only wish I were there to two times a week to celebrate with you...