Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Braids for the Ladies!





My tan and freckles are beginning to fade so I think it's time I blog about the Bahamas. I could rant and rave about the trip, but I'll save you time and just write the truth - it was AWESOME! I could also talk about how the water was gorgeous, the air warm, the sun hot, the bikini cute, the beach pristine, but I won't. I mean, it's all true and everything, but so cliche!

OH GOD I MISS THE BAHAMAS! (dissolving into tears) I came home thinking, "Wow, I feel like I live in the Bahamas and am just visiting Chicago." The island sucks you in and makes you forget an outside world exists. I want to go back. This is how Jack must feel on LOST.

Highlight of the trip was definitely swimming with the dolphins. Andrew and I did the "deep water experience" at Dolphin Cay at the Atlantis. We used these water propellers to take us diving into the water as the dolphins swam by and touched our legs. Then we layed on body boards with our legs straight out and two dolphins would swim up quickly, put their noses on your arches and push you across the water with incredible speed. I WAS IN HEAVEN! We also got to kiss the dolphin (best makeout session I've had in a long time) and take a few pictures. They're adorable. I wanted to put one in my pocket and take it home with me.

Funny story about my dad. I love my dad and all his quirkiness. I get it from him. Many of you know that he does not own a pair of jeans. Wait, he had to buy a pair a couple of years ago for a family photo - so he got them from Walmart. He said, "I left the tag on them so I could return them after the pictures." He HATES jeans. He is a walking advertisement for Under Armor. He gets cranky when he has to wear anything else. Kind of like my mom when she wears a thong. So we make reservations to go out to eat. Dad has on blue athletic shorts and t-shirt (probably clashing colors). I read that the restaurant says "resort elegant - no shorts." So I tell him and next thing I know he has on his long Under Armor pants with a matching jacket. Elegant indeed. One night we did get him to wear khaki pants and he complained. I had to remind him that he still had on an Under Armor golf shirt with his khaki pants. Love you dad!

Andrew was really sweet to allow me "beach time" in the morning and in the afternoons he and I went parasailing, hit the slides, swam with the dolphins, and floated away on the lazy river.

2 comments:

Beck said...

Your mom is gonna kill you for the thong comment.

Kate said...

You look fantastic in a bikini in FEBRUARY!!! I'm jealous.