Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Snuggie

If you watched television at all over Christmas, you probably saw the informercial ad for Snuggies. We laughed our heads off in my family when we saw this ad. My thought was, "Why don't you just wear a robe backwards?" I have a feeling many a Snuggie will be given as a gag gift. The recipient will probably laugh and then secretly use it on those cold winter nights. I would love to see a man brave enough to wear it at a football game.

I thought this article was great. Do you think the Snuggie is awesome or useless?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I just saw the man that would wear it at a football game. He had on a full mask/hat with man muffs over the hat. I tried to get is photo but didn't want to seem creepy. :)

Heidi said...

This is funny to me for two reasons.

1. Growing up, we always referred to a snuggie as when your underwear would crawl up your butt on its own (it's only a wedgie when someone else pulls your underwear up as a joke).

2. My grandma had a blanket that had a zipper and snaps on it so you could either use it as a blanket or turn it into a robe. My friends in college LOVED it and we took many a picture in that thing. So these new snuggies are not the first of their kind!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I don't think it is a horrible idea but kind of expensive for a funny blanket. I read about this very thing on Beth Moore's blog today. She bought one called a slanket but it is the same thing. Here is a link. http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2009/02/plea-for-community.html

Beck said...

At community group we almost farkled over who would have to wear one to church. Missy wore hers to the meeting. Goodtimes!

Look up the "What the F- blanket" video. Hilar.