Sunday, July 13, 2003

Annecy & Colmar



TOUR DE FRANCE
So I was riding a bike the other day and ran into Lance Armstrong...or maybe not. But we were near the city where they were heading to the next day (Lyon). After finally leaving Nice, Trey and I headed up to the most wonderful city I have visited yet. From a suggestion of his cousin, we went to Annecy France. It is a gorgeous little old city with cute old streets filled with families and old shops. They also have a little area that reminds me of a cleaner and smaller Riverwalk in San Antonio. We also ended up staying in a 3 star hotel that was cheaper than most places we've stayed. I got to be a princess for a couple of nights.
The next morning we decided to rent bikes and ride along a bike path that goes right around Lake Annecy. The lake is a gorgeous clear Turquoise and is surrounded by the Alps (hello! gorgeous! wish you were here...a little quote by Meg in French Kiss) I absolutely loved it and was awed by the beauty of God's creation. I think I kept talking about how gorgeous it was and Trey was finally like "I know!"
Anyway...so we were riding along and I heard someone whistle behind me and of course I knew that they just had to be checking out my butt and that they couldn't help but whistle. Then I realized before it was too late that he just wanted me to move so he could get by. Such is life! We decided to rent a boat for half an hour and just tour around the lake. Seriously, people were paddle boating by us faster than the boat was going full throttle. I did jump in and it was what I like to call "refreshing." Later I realized that sunscreen probably would have been a brilliant idea as well as some bodyglide. My buns were a little tender from 45 km of bike riding. If I had a billion dollars I would fly my whole family out here for a family reunion. It is the ideal spot for relaxation and adventure: sailing, windsurfing, beach volleyball, biking, hiking, beaches, shopping, good food, just wonderful! oh, and golf too.
We are now in the small city of Colmar located on the border of France and Germany. It has the most beautiful mix between German and French Architecture. It is almost like you're in a Disney World set for Hansel and Grehtel (however you spell it, I'm not German). Note to self: avoid small towns on Sundays and major holidays if that's when you plan to do your major sightseeing. Unfortunately all buses to the vinyards aren't running today...classic.
We leave for a couple days in Paris tomorrow before heading to Barcelona. I am learning so much about myself...just like I asked God to do...sometimes I'd rather live in oblivion. I love seeing the Lord in His creation and I am just awed by His great love for us and His people all over the world. So amazing!! Sorry for the novel but there's always so much to talk about.

No comments: