Friday, July 04, 2003

Milan & Cinqueterra



TRAILBLAZERS
Things have definitely improved since I last wrote. We spent only one night in Milan, saw the Duomo and headed out. If you ever go there, the highlight is climbing to the top and seeing everything...including the alps in the distance.
Cinque Terra has definitely been a great retreat. The view from the bathroom is the best part. Why is it that the best views are usually from the bathroom window? You can see the water crashing against the rocks...gorgeous! The weather is perfect...I even wore a light jacket 2 nights in a row (I never realized how the weather can change my moods...so unfortunate).
Yesterday we decided to take a rest and hiked 7 miles through all five cities...not so much a rest. But it was gorgeous. My pictures will never do it justice. After feeling like I was training for an everest climb, we saw acres after acres of vineyards built into the side of the mountains. It was such a refreshing change from duomos and michelangelos (not that I dislike those). We frolicked on the beach today and are heading to Nice in an hour.
We are staying with a girl that went to high school with us so that will be great. I have learned many things about myself and Trey on this trip. A list of things that Trey does not like:
1) Listening to girls use the bathroom
2) Girls picking wedgies
3) Anything having to do with thong underwear
4) Basically anything that girls have to deal with
How am I supposed to travel and not do any of these things?
Well, he will just have to learn to deal. We have no idea where we will be going after Nice. The world is an open field of adventure. Sometimes that’s great and sometimes it's daunting. I have definitely been very blessed. I love hearing from you all! It is so encouraging to get emails. Hugs to all!!

No comments: