Thursday, July 17, 2003

Barcelona


FASHION ISSUE
Katy Orender´s European Fashion Observations (and Criticisms)...so if your not fashion conscious, just scroll down:

1)European men are very fond of the capri pants, mostly cargo Capri´s. But you know what, they can totally pull it off. Now, if I were to see American´s in them in America, I’m not quite sure what affect they would have. Dad, they may be a good alternative to the typical "running suit" if you will.

2)For the women, showing the bra straps is VERY in. But there is a new look out there...clear straps. I must get myself one of these before I come home. Sometimes I see them with fabric flowers sewn onto them.

3)The hair trend:
-for girls, I have seen quite a few longer mullets. I´m not kidding! Too bad I already cut my hair off or I would definitely have one of these...not so much.
-for guys, it’s a twist on the mohawk and it can actually be attractive on some people. It’s slightly longer hair down the middle of your head than on the sides (see David Beckham or The Real World Paris for examples).

Those are pretty much the main differences I’ve seen over here. So I expect to see mullets, mohawks, clear bra straps, and capri pants when I get home. I’m doing my best to keep you all fashionable.

UPDATE: I have a new love for SPAIN!!! Barcelona has to be one of the most fascinating, fun, energetic, and lively cities I´ve been to. I can see why they chose to have the Olympics here. They know how to do things right...air conditioned metro system (need I say more?). We basically took a Picasso and Gaudi tour of the city today. Gaudi is definitely a revered and almost worshiped artist/architect in this city and country. If you come here, be sure to visit the Temple de la Sagrada Familia and the Parc Guelle. It will blow your mind. And Auntie, he was a seriously strong Catholic. The nightlife is wonderful. Of course I am way too old to hit the discotec every night till 2am. I prefer the people watching that La Rambla provides as well as the carnival people. We ate Tapas last night. Interesting...and yet I liked it.
Off to Valencia tomorrow. It´s a town along the East Coast. I have no idea what is there, but then again, do I ever really know where I´m going? I´m sure it will be a new fav. Have I mentioned yet how blessed I am? The Lord is ever faithful and good.

No comments: