Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Art of Passport Photography

I just got my passport photo taken at Walgreens and am now borderline suicidal. I realize that Walgreens doesn't exactly hire fashion photographers or Annie Liebowitz's but you'd think they would hire someone who could take a decent picture!

My face is washed out and I believe I'm in mid-sentence of some profound statement. I don't think that it's quite in focus and it couldn't be grainier! I also think I suddenly gained 10 pounds in my face. How could the good ol' USofA decide on the most unattractive dimension of a photo? "Top of head to two inches below the chin." Chubbs! I mean, how am I supposed to show my passport to anyone without having to follow it up with a sob story about Walgreens passport photography?

Maybe I'll try Wolf/Ritz Camera next.

And yes, cousins, I too am going to Cabo. When you're 30 and single it could happen for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy,

Yes, I too remember the grand ole days of traveling the world....and then I got married.
Marriage is a huge blessing but don't give up the "but she's single perk" for just anyone!
Much Love,
pimptrick

Kellsey said...

Katy,
Man, what is with passport photographers taking your photo when you are mid-sentence?! I went the route of a travel agency, and the photographer there was no expert...at anything really.

Worst picture of me ever, and I hate showing it when I travel. I am sorry that your Walgreens passport photo experience was such a bummer. It definitely stinks...but just think, you'll only have to carry that photo around for another 7 years (or is it 10?)

Beck said...

I say re-take for sure. You can afford to be a little shallow.

I agree with pimptricity. Whoever aids you in getting booted out of the vacation club better have a *hot* passport photo.