Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Man Emmitt!

Oh my gosh! Somebody call me right now about Dancing with the Stars! It's been at least 45 minutes since I've talked about it and I'm having withdrawals! I've tried to convert the male populace recently about the greatness of this show. I've had some definite push back but only from the uneducated.

Tuesday night's dances were phenomenal! Once again I found myself smiling and wishing that I were a B movie star so I could be asked to be on the show. Here are my thoughts on the dancers/dances:

  1. Joey Lawrence: I LOVED the tango. even though it was to the Addams Family tune and Edyta was wearing long ugly hair, I LOVED it. The strange stiff movements really worked with the music. Joey rocks at the ballroom dances! And let's talk about the Paso Doble...whoa (remember Blossom?). It was great!

  2. Mario Lopez: His dances were rock solid as usual. I loved his partners short red wig. I wish I could wear my hair like that. I'd probably look like a chubby Dorothy Hamill.

I totally had this haircut in elementary school. My mom loved it and probably still wishes I had it. Tempting...

  1. Mario knows he's good but he's a little arrogant. I'm not the only one who thinks so.

  2. Monique: She tries so hard. She tries too hard. Her cha cha was fantastic and she deserves major props for that dance. But her first dance was a little too weird for me. You know what? I did like the dance but didn't like her lipstick or her dress. Too distracting.

  3. Emmitt Smith: Foxtrot = eh. Rumba = omigosh he's amazing! I concur with Glen. I wish he could have given you an 11! He's still my favorite.

SPOILER ALERT!

Three cheers for Emmitt and Cheryl! I was so nervous that they wouldn't move forward. Then I would have cussed myself for not voting. My favorite moment of Wednesday night's show was Joey's face when they said he was moving forward to the next round. You know he's genuinely thankful! At that point we all knew that Monique was going home, even she did. She's great but just doesn't have the fan base. So long little lady.

I can't wait until next week! I'm so nervous!

1 comment:

The Walkie Talkie said...

Katy, I do not typically watch dancing with the stars but now you have got me second guessing my decision. The commentary is riviting (spell check). Also, the pic. of Connor is of course nothing short of adorable. Do tell what you were for Halloween...I know you had to have adorned a costume at some point.
Jenny Beth P.S. The Mooney's address is on their blog- one of their very first posts. I almost commented on that post but realized there were several other new posts of yours I wanted to read. Promise- not trying to be a nosey blogger.