Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote

I voted! I'm still not really impressed with the candidates but I still think that it's important to take advantage of this opportunity. Too many people are lazy on voting day. Don't be lazy! VOTE!

Don't I already sound like a celebrity?

I'm rejoicing today. I'm rejoicing because the election will be OVER today. And the election being over means that I won't have to endure any more of those hideous, lying, overly-dramatic and repetitive political ads. Anyone else tired of those? Those ads are keeping people from the polls. Nobody likes anybody because we're sick of everybody.

Tonight I can enjoy Dancing with the Stars without having to see the faces of Judy Baar Topinka or Gov. Blagojevich. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Amen to THAT!!! Voting, and the end of elections (for now). =)

sweetpea said...

amen. except kinky friedman politcal ads rock. not that i voted for him.

Kellsey said...

Dude, Kinky is hilarious!!! I did not vote for him either, but he's such a hoot...I must admit, though, that I was often laughing at him more than I was laughing with him...

I felt quite proud of taking Aidan down to stand in line at our local elementary school (which is our voting place). I have to admit that I half hoped that someone would feel sorry for me in my obvious pregnant state having to hold my toddler son in my arms while trying to keep him occupied while we waited. No one did. At least the line wasn't that bad, and Aidan thought that the voting booth was somewhat interesting. We have those electronic computerized booths that highlight as you scroll through options. Once you choose something it turns red to show that it has been marked. Aidan liked to watch the blue highlighting move around and then switch to red. I am not certain I would have been able to push "chads" through a card with Aidan in one arm, so I'm thankful for more modern voting options these days.

All this to say that I hope that I am impressing Aidan with the importance of voting from a very early age.

If nothing else, he loved the "I VOTED" sticker they gave us with the little waving American flag on it. Aidan wore it the rest of the day and often pointed to it saying, "I voted! flag!"