Monday, November 27, 2006

Photos From the Weekend

Pictures sometimes tell the best stories. Here are some photos to tell a little about the Thanksgiving Weekend:















Us ladies love to lounge, eat and talk.

















The healthy folks participated in the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning. This was the first time in years that I walked the Turkey Trot, but I had fun hanging out with Patrick and Cade. I've learned my lesson. I will run the 8 mile from now on. When you're stuck in the back with the 3 mile walkers you see more dog doo doo and puke. Nasty. Get a bag people!






















We headed out to the Lakehouse in Possum Kingdom Thanksgiving night. It was so relaxing! Connor and I got some good bonding time. He's beginning to look like a little man!


















This time of year brings thousands of vultures to the cliff where my parents house sits. They are fun to look at but also freak me out.



This is my dorky little brother. He gets it from me.


















The Texas girl in me came out this weekend. Patrick taught me to shoot skeet. The first time I pulled the trigger on the shotgun I screamed. It had a kick in it that threw me backwards. I learned to love it though. So DON'T MESS WITH ME! One thing's for sure, if we had to rely on hunting for food, my family would be okay.

1 comment:

Kellsey said...

SO MUCH FUN to see all these pics of your family, katy. I miss them. Glad to see that you know your way around a shotgun. That's one I haven't shot. I have shot at least a few other guns though and if the kick off a glock is strong then I can't imagine what it would feel like to shoot that big ol' shotgun of yours!

Macon and I went to a shooting range with his dad and one of his dad's friends (a police officer) in Miami. After shooting most of his guns (I think he had around 6 or 7 of them), I began to appreciate just how much of the movies and TV are so off in how they portray shooting (even with just handguns...even after shooting just once with one of those you still have to realign your shot because they kick throws off your aim...also, women's wrists are SO much smaller and weaker than men's wrists, so I have a hard time buying Jennifer Garner running and shooting with a gun in each hand and having such fantastic aim. Who knows? Maybe she does weight lifting for her wrists?