Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bat Cave

I did it! I finally finished the Twilight series! I have hidden in my little cave for the past couple of weeks - pun INTENDED! Get it? Vampires? Cave? Bats? All I've been doing is reading. Now I can have a life again. I can shower, eat, socialize, floss, and remember that I have family and friends - real family and friends who do not exist only on paper or in my imagination.

I was oh so tempted to head to the mall yesterday to attend a meet and greet with the "star" of the Twilight movie. I would have had to fight with pre-teen girls. No one is stronger than a pre-teen girl. So I just couldn't do it. Plus, what would I have said to the guy? "Hi, I'm old enough to be your mother. I'm a COOOOOGAAAAAR!" Okay, so not mother, but definitely former baby-sitter. Creepy.

I seriously can't handle all the buzz the movie is receiving. It's making me dizzy. Sigh.

2 comments:

Beck said...

You could've liked leaned in from 19 rows back and shouted something really original and intriguing like, "I THOUGHT YOUR PORTRAYAL OF CEDRIC DIGGORY WAS INSIGHTFUL AND CHARISMATIC DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT WAS OVERSHADOWED BY STRONGER CHARACTERS! OH! AND I LOVE "LAST TANGO IN PARIS TOO!"

Good call on staying home, cougar.

Kate said...

Katy, I just started reading Twilight last night. I'm going to be in my own little cave soon enough... with a 70 lbs. dog trying to drag me out of it. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!

No really. I am. :)