Thursday, November 06, 2008

Human Knot

Last night at rehearsal for The Senate, we played a few warm-up/group-mind games. One of them was the ol' human knot game. You stand in a circle and grab someone's hand with your right hand and another person's hand with your left hand. Then you have to work silently to untangle the knot. I've done this about 1,000 times - and that was at camp. No telling how many more times I've done this with improv groups. I'm 32 and still playing the human knot game. I love it.

At one point I found that it was my turn to cross over a sea of clasped hands. People bent down so you could climb over their arms and reach the other side. The problem is that your butt usually ends up in someone's face. I silently regretted not wearing a belt. As I crawled over the arms and hands, a few came precariously close to...you know...we'll call it "ground zero." My only thought was, "why oh why of all days did I have to start my period today."

No comments: