Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Birthday Gift

My sister from another mother, Beckles, just posted one of the most beautiful, humbling, hilarious and honoring posts for my birthday. It's our friendship story. I think you'll like it. Most of you know and love her anyway. So please, for my birthday, go read it. :)

Here's my response:

I am speechless. I am sitting here in my bed with my computer on my lap (and freshly polished nails) tearing up and laughing hard all at the same time. You and I have the same favorite memories of each other. "Bestie" doesn't even begin to describe your importance to me. You are my sister. You are part of my family. They've accepted it and welcomed you with open arms.

Beckles, your words truly honor me and I am in awe with how much you love me. You've changed my life. God knew I needed you. Rarely does anyone have a friendship so powerful, so influential, so beautiful, so hilarious, so real and honest as ours. It is one of life's greatest gifts.

God bless Russ! I am so thankful that you have a husband who knows how important I am to you and you are to me. He's become my family too.

Kathryn Davy. You hold such a special place in my heart. Aunt Katy loves you!

Thank you, Becky. It is a Happy Birthday indeed!

3 comments:

saradgoldberg said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday katyo! you are so lucky to have such a wonderful friend and becky is so lucky to have you. i loved reading her post and it just made me miss you so much! you are such a wonderful person and we are all so blessed to have you in our lives! love and miss you much!

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

Ohhh my goodness. That was the most precious thing i've ever read! wow! thanks for sharing that. You ARE precious, hilarious and wonderful and I love you too, sweet Katester!