Monday, March 16, 2009

Let's Joust!

This weekend Jessie and I escaped the insanity of St. Patty's Day crowds (really, I forget how many people live in this city until the weather turns warm) and headed to Barrington. An organization was holding a fundraiser of designer second-hand wedding dresses on sale for $50. We had to go! Jessie wasn't feeling confident of her dress (which is gorgeous and she looks amazing in it) and thought this might be a fun opportunity.

There were some pretty dresses, interesting dresses, and dresses straight out of a 1989 bridal magazine (puff sleeves made of pure lace). As many times as I've gone dress shopping with people I've never been tempted to try on a dress...until this weekend! I found one that was originally $3,000 and on sale for 50 bucks. It looked like it was straight out of a Jane Austen novel - so I HAD to try it. I mean, it was only my duty as an avid fan and thespian.
What do you think? For $50 I should have bought it and put it in my closet for a rainy day or homemade rendition of Sense and Sensability. It was fun to wear, but who has room for something like that in their closet? Let it be known that I would NOT wear a dress like this for my wedding. Unless we were getting married at Medieval Times.





3 comments:

Beck said...

very flattering! but you've jinxed it, you're officially marrying a knight from Medieval Times who will surely call you "m'lady."

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful! Love the neckline. Any guy would joust for you, m'lady.

Anonymous said...

I love it!