Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Good Monday

So I had a fun start to the week on Monday. First of all, I got a call to audition for an upcoming Sitcom Pilot. On a big network! Thanks to my friend, Cristin, for sending me the information. It was for the "best friend" role which fits me nicely; especially since the girl was just like me. Secondly, I got a call that I was cast in a short film that will be filming in April. I went to the callbacks on Saturday and was one of many people auditioning for the lead role. So of course that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - hearing that I was WANTED! The skies were open and the possibilities limitless on Monday. I love days like that - days when you feel things are happening and you've stepped a little further in life. Progress feels good.

The audition was good. I won't say great because I by no means nailed it. I was all jittery and numb from having memorized 10 pages in less than 24 hours. They gave me a second read which was great and I felt much better about it. Wish I could do it again and knock their socks off. But it was a great opportunity and learning experience for me. I think my heart would explode out of my chest if I were to be called back. Oh the possibilities! lalalalalalalala...Katy, come back to earth.

Update on my eating:
I turned down chocolate cake and cheesecake last night. I'm committed y'all! Of course my birthday week is coming up and I pray God gives me strength and discipline for my birthday (along with movie roles and the love of my life). I lost 5.5 pounds quickly and then plateaued. It's frustrating eating good when you feel like it's not making much of a difference. I have a feeling I'll break the barrier soon and lose a couple more. Either way, I fit into my skinny jeans nicely this weekend. No stretching or day-dreaming of putting on sweatpants ASAP.

2 comments:

Beck said...

Selfishly I want you to get that sitcom part because I want to tell friends, "You know that girl who plays the best friend? Well, she's MY best friend!" It always goes back to me, doesn't it, Kates?

Seriously - so, so very proud of you for landing the film! You ARE special!

David said...

The final sentence of your "About Me" is just great.

I wish you all the success that you can take in... Is that too much?

Regards!