Thursday, September 20, 2007

Birthday Shout Out's

Happy Birthday to two of my favorite people in the world: Auntie and Andrew! So their birthdays were actually yesterday but I tend to hold the belief that people should keep celebrating the whole week!

I gave the most creative gift to Andrew that I've ever given. Well, creative might not be the correct word; it's more unusual. I donated a goat to a family in need in his honor. What 17 year old boy wouldn't want a goat donated in his name to a family in a third world country? Beats me! Now he'll have a story when someone asks, "What's the most unusual gift you've ever received?" I'm doing him a favor in so many ways.

17 years old! I still can't wrap my brain around it. It's hard to believe that this big kid is the same person as the little newborn I carried so slowly and carefully to the hospital nursery 17 years ago. He changed our lives that day in ways we never would have dreamed. The world is a better place because of him. I know, I'm gushing. I can hardly help myself.

No comments: