Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Letter to Office Max

Dear Office Max,

You have really sturdy and strong bright red boxes with handles cut out and it makes it really easy to carry things. I know you ship us paper in them but I think they make transporting materials from meetings quick and easy!

I just have one complaint. Visualize with me for a second if you will. It's a beautiful day: cool, sunny, clear and bright. It's a perfect day for football, except I'm at work. I have on my favorite brown blazer jacket (but much more awesome than a blazer. blazer may be giving you a bad mental image. it's cute is what i'm saying.) from Anthropolgie. I wear it with my favorite off-white work pants that are too big but oh so comfortable. I'm looking sharp and ready to persuade people to raise thousands of dollars for a good cause. I get to my meeting location except they have me walking all over creation (it's a University Hospital). I finally reach my destination, give a presentation and reach home just in time to go to the bathroom. I don't want to go to the bathroom in a hospital, you know, sick people. So when I do it's the first time I notice the front of my pants. It looked like I had spilled red powder all over the front of my pants. WHAT IS THIS?!!! Oh my goodness, it's the red box! It rubbed off it's ink all over the front of my favorite off-white work pants! Did the people at the meeting recognize it? Is that why that cute guy at the back of the room was smiling at me? No one said anything! And then there was that girl when I was filling my car up with gas. She gave me a look like, "been one of those days..." I thought she meant her, NOT ME! And my doorman! He probably thought I started my period. It wasn't period! I wanted to shout IT'S THE BRIGHT RED BOX FROM OFFICE MAX!

Thankfully I have my self-esteem and a small shred of dignity left. I quickly changed clothes because I had a check presentation that involved a photo shoot for the newspaper! See what I mean? Need I say more?

Sincerely,

Katy

4 comments:

Katy said...

I really didn't NOT go to the bathroom at the hospital because of "sick people." I have used the bathroom at the hospital many a time. It's just I didn't want to carry Clifford, the big red box, into the bathroom. Then it would have touched the floor. It's like when you carry on your luggage on the airplane and you have to go to the bathroom before you board the plane and you don't know what to do with your bag. You don't want it to touch the ground but you have no other choice!

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

Katy...(!) I just laughed so hard reading that! You crack me up...and no, the cute guy in the back of the room just thought you were cute! Love that you were just in the Big D and know you had the best time hanging out with your fam! Miss you! Whit

Kellsey said...

you make me laugh so hard. Even though it's been forever since I have seen you, I can still see your face when I read your posts. Sometimes I think I can imagine what expression you would make and that makes me smile.

miss you, Katy-O.

Anonymous said...

"Gurrrrlllll...I know Puriod when I see Puriod."