Monday, September 10, 2007

Technology

I found a new use today for modern day technology. We all know cell phones provide constant communication, immediate availability, music options, picture pages and style. But this Friday night I discovered that they provide oh so much more: Escape!

Have you ever been at a party stuck between two strangers on a couch who love talking about kickball? What about stuck between two kickball-loving strangers on a couch with no air conditioning on a steamy night? Sounding more familiar? Yes, I thought so. What great joy leapt in my heart when I received the following text from a fellow party-goer:

"We need an exit strategy fast!"

Praise God for cell phones!

3 comments:

dawn said...

That's FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

Due to the iBook mishap, I have been incommunicado for so long...and finally had 5 free minutes to peruse ktontheloose...and I was not disappointed. If only to see Connor's graciousness shining forth in the pics below, I am happy to have been here. But I have to say I love this post. I mean I also love kickball but I REALLY love this post.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to remember to text your Dad at the next big bash we go to. Love, Mom