Thursday, September 13, 2007

Boston or Bust

I travel more than most people I know. But it's one of my favorite things about my life so I can't complain.

Tomorrow morning I'm taking the first flight out to visit my friend, Kristin Adams. My other friend, Kristen, is going too. See how those names are the same but spelled differently? Yep, that's how we tell them apart.

We're going to Lake Winnepesaukee in New Hampshire. I don't even know how to spell it correctly. I'm pretty sure that's wrong but you get the point. Apparently Uncle Buck was filmed at that Lake. You know what else is a great movie with a lake? What About Bob?. Who doesn't love that movie?!

Update: My friend was confused when she said Uncle Buck. She was thinking What About Bob?. How can those movies be confused for one another? And I did indeed spell Lake Winnipesaukee incorrectly. But I just corrected it here. See?

Some of my favorite What About Bob? quotes: "I'm sailing!" "DR. MARVIN! DR. LEO MARVIN!" "Baby steps to the elevator. Baby steps to the..." "Mmmmm. MMMMMMMM. MMMMMmmmmmmm. Mm. Mm. MMMMMM!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Hey, Bob, wanna go sailing?"

"Noooooooooo. It makes my wips numb tinking about it..."

Classic!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm....Kristen vs. Kristin...yes, on paper: different. But our auditory perception of them: the same.

Joe and Kelli said...

I have been there!

Joe is from New Hampshire and before we were married we went to visit and went up to Lake Winnepasaukee for a day. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!

Have so much fun and take lots of pictures!

Love you.
kelli

Anonymous said...

i need a new post. i get irked just thinking about what about bob and uncle buck. two of my least favorite movies of all time. along with groundhog day and planes trains and automobiles. i can't be stressing this early in the morning. so please, katy, for me...a new post??