Friday, February 23, 2007

Shape Up or Else...

I've come to the conclusion that I am indeed out of shape. (hangs head in shame) This comes on the cusp of my Hustle Up the Hancock race on Sunday. Since when have I turned into someone who doesn't train for races and who relies heavily on "winging it"? I don't know this person and I'm freightened.

Last night I ran for 28 minutes outside. It was my first outdoor running experience in over a month. Then this morning I ran for 15 minutes on the treadmill and thought I was going to die. I had to slow the speed down to 5.8. I've always been a 6.0 girl or more. I was afraid someone would notice my downgrade. I then hopped on the stairclimber for 12 more minutes of athletic achievement. I again was huffing and puffing. I told myself that it was probably PMS. No, just had that a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's dehydration? Sure it is Katy. But it can't be because I'm out of shape! I've always been in shape. Maybe it's the muffin tops that have suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I swear this Chicago winter is doing nothing for my figure. Yes I have curves and have always been proud of them. But suddenly I have a few more curves...that hang over the top of my low rise jeans.

I'm doing the Indy Mini Half Marathon on May 5th. I must start training hard core this next week. I need accountability people! And I need a smaller pant size. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You certainly have my prayers and words of encouragement. Sorry that I can't be a training partner. Even if I lived next door to you, that would never happen. Love you!