Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Fun

This weekend was so fabulous! It was almost as if the hours had been extended to make my stay feel longer. And another thing was confirmed this weekend: I have the dorkiest family in the world. IN THE WORLD! What other family goes Easter Egg Hunting...for the adults?! Sings their favorite 90's tunes while circled around a guitar player? Plays on the new jungle jim just built for the kids who are to small to play on it? Are you beginning to see why I am the way I am? It's fabulous!

I'll post mostly pictures from the weekend but I must tell my favorite story first. Some of you know that when we were younger we called my dad Mr. Cheap. Our neighbor, whose spiritual gift is roasting, once told a group of people that my dad is so cheap that when his daughter broke her arm he took her to the airport to get an x-ray. This definitely isn't true. And he is the most generous man I know. You may also know that my dad does not wear jeans. He refuses. He owns one pair of jeans from 1978 that we would borrow for our high school's Homecoming Week 70's day. He only wears "jogging suits." He looks nice in them and he finds them comfortable. Well my mom emailed us and said that we would be taking a professional family picture on Easter Sunday. We have not done this since I was in second grade. The attire of jeans and a white top were required. My dad said, "Can't I just stand in the back and wear what I always wear?" Seriously dad. Mom suggested that she go and buy him a pair of jeans. No, he wanted to do it himself. So he bought a pair of blue jeans...from Walmart. These were serious tractor riding BLUE blue jeans. But he bought them...and wore them. Then while being asked to sit on a dirty stone staircase he said, "Aw man, now I can't return these to Walmart!" I know I'll never see those jeans again.



















He's so tiny! We snuggled for hours and even took a nap together.



















































































No comments: