Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pulled a Hammy

What 31 year old in her right mind agrees to pop into the splits at the end of a dance routine? Apparently me. I was a gymnast for eight years and cheered in high school for a couple of years. In other words, I'm flexible. I'm pretty impressed with the flexibility that remains as the toe touches and splits become less frequent...and there's the fact that I'm getting older. I am getting...just say it...olllllderrrrr. Ugh. The pulled hammy basically sealed that deal.

Rehearsal last night was one of the more hilarious rehearsals I've ever experienced. I showed up and they told me to make up a dance and teach it to them right then and there. Ooookay. I busted out every cheesy, raunchy dance move I could think of at the time. I don't know if the audience will laugh as hard as we did last night but I'm thinking it might be a hit...or a cringer; you just don't know.

I'll post a few pictures that were taken when I upload them from my camera.

And the reason that a pulled hammy is so sad? I'm supposed to run a half-marathon in 10 days. Pray y'all. PRAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! You'll be fine, I'll be praying for you!