Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Grammar Geek

As a junior in college I still hadn't decided what I wanted to do with my life. (Obviously nothing's changed.) My school counselor told me that if I was going to graduate on time I needed to decide on a major. My problem was that I wanted to do it all! (Again, nothing's changed.) I needed a little help and took an eight hour long aptitude test to help give me direction. After two days of testing they came back to me and decided that they couldn't figure me out. WHAT?! If these "experts" couldn't figure me out how on earth was I supposed to understand myself?

This very large man, who loved to hear himself talk and talk and talk, told me that I would probably be in school the rest of my life. I DON'T THINK SO!

It turns out he may have been correct. Yesterday at work we had a writing workshop where we focused on grammar for five hours: commas, semi-colons, and colons. (Please don't look at my blog for immaculate grammar. I know it's horrible.) Most people would have been bored out of their minds. I kind of geeked out and enjoyed it. It was almost as if I was reliving the 8th grade without the braces, perm and big bangs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and giving a speech for Public Speaking about how to make oatmeal cookies, being barely audible, stonefaced, and so uncompletely the Katy I know that I burst out laughing as if you were in character!