Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The 411

So what has been going on the past few days that has refrained me from posting? Good question!

1) Red Eye: Note to self - avoid taking the Red Eye flight from Los Angeles to Chicago at all costs when you have to go straight to work. It hurt so bad y'all. Fortunately I had an empty seat next to me in a 3 seat section. But for some reason the guy by the window took the liberty of using two of the seats. I "wake up" from my nap to find that his head is right by my hip. I didn't even know his name! I mean, he did offer me gum, and that's nice and all, but this situation was a little intimate if you ask me. Have you ever thought about how intimate it is to sleep on a plane next to a total stranger? I mean, if you turn your heads and they are facing each other, you're basically breathing on them...and vice versa. There was that one time on a flight to Montana that I kept bobbing my head all over the place. The guy next to me woke me up and said, "you might want to put your seat back, it will help you to stay in one place." Was I embarrassed? No, I was too tired. I mumbled something like "Yeah, okay. Thanks" and went right back to sleep. I was a zombie on Monday. I went home and slept for two hours before I had to be at a late rehearsal. LATE rehearsal. What am I doing to myself?!

2) Gas Leak: At 11:45 am yesterday our meeting was interrupted by Firemen banging on our office door. They yelled at us to leave the building immediately. There was a carbon monoxide leak in the basement of the building. So grabbing our purses (can't live without it) we ran downstairs. There was a news crew there and everything. Which makes me wonder how a news crew heard about this before we even were asked to leave the building... I'm glad they found us! So as we exited the building a fireman looked each of us in the eye to ask if we were okay. I should have said no because one of our co-workers said, "I think so" and was wisked away for further observation by hot firemen. I should have been more on my game! We were told to return in an hour and a half. I hit up Nordstrom and it hit me right back with a cute pair of shorts and a skirt. We came back to the office and next thing we know, they're sending us home! Ah glorious gas leak! 'Tis an answer to prayer! In case any of you are concerned, I'm fine, we're fine, we're living to tell the tale. And I'm sitting back in my cube again.

FYI: Carbon monoxide is BAD. Go to http://www.carbonmonoxidekills.com/ to learn more about the symptoms. Good to know! Nausea, dizziness, headache, confusion....basically how I felt after taking the Red Eye.

No comments: