Monday, August 13, 2007

Chicago Loves Me!

Chicago has sprinkled me with it's love over the past four years but Saturday morning, the city gave me the ultimate gift of love: My car was towed. I love you too Chicago! Someday I'll give back this great love you have shown me.

Marissa and Chris have a parking place behind their building. Their landlord said it would be okay for someone to park in their spot if there's a note from Chris & Marissa stating the car belongs to someone staying with them. I had a brief hopeful thought that perhaps my car had been stolen. I honestly don't want my car stolen. I love it and the trunk is full of my favorite Christmas decorations. So I don't know why I had that thought.

The towing company said they did indeed have my car. I asked if there was a note on the windshield. Perhaps someone had taken it off as a gesture of neighborly love and a good ole fun prank! Nope, the note was there, but "we don't look at notes, only at permits." Aha! So it was the towing company that goes around looking for cars to tow so they can make their money. Don't look at notes!? PULEEEZ! And when I pulled up to rescue my car, yep, the note was right where I left it. The man didn't even look me in the eyes. He knew he was guilty. I know it. He knows it. Everyone who has ever had their car towed knows it! I decided to take a few breaths and to not fight the city on this one. My friends were in town and it was better to just pay it off and burn off a little steam while we peddled rented bikes along the lake. That and eat a bomb pop. Oh bomb pops, you are summer to me!

My friends are great and are always quick to step in and help. They each threw a $20 bill at me to help contribute to the Rescue the 4Runner fund. They saved me some serious money by helping the girl out. So I am indeed loved!

2 comments:

dawn said...

Those are good friends...keepers, I'd say.

Boo on towing companies. I wish you would have fought them on it.

Marissa said...

And you want to know what Awad said?!...it would have only worked if we rammed my car up against yours in the parking lot. Are you kidding me?! That would have been nice to know! But then I got to thinking...the company was so adamant! My car probably would have been moved out of the way to get to your car. #%*Q(@#!