Friday, August 03, 2007

X-Games: Big Air Finals





We're in L.A.!! Andrew and I drove our tiny red Volkswagen to the Staples Center yesterday for the Skateboard and Moto X Big Air Finals. Let me just say that more than once my heart jumped out of my throat and I buried my head in my hands while in disbelief. These guys are INSANE! I now have a whole new vocabulary. I know the names Twitch, Travis Pastrana, Kyle Loza (gold medalist), Todd Potter, Brian Deegan and the Metal Mulisha. It's a whole new world and I loved it!

We saw men doing flips, sometimes even two, while on a motorcross bike. We even saw a guy, Jake Brown, free-fall in the air after pushing too far away from the wall after flying on his skateboard. I know they keep replaying it on ESPN. I seriously thought he broke his neck. You can see it here:

Can you believe that he walked away?

Here are a few pictures from last night. We are heading to the beach to ride bikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing stuff! So glad andrew is ok w/watching Instead of participating.U2 Stick 2 bicycles w/both wheels on the ground!