Thursday, August 23, 2007

Comedy of Errors

I left for Birmingham, Alabama today at 1:45. It is now 10:01 and I'm back in my apartment in Chicago. Minutes before we were supposed to board our plane a tornado warning hit the Chicagoland area. A woman spoke to us over the intercom and suggested that we back away from the windows. No need for us to take cover in the airport. I thought that was weird. Fine by me! I'd rather not kneel on the airport bathroom floor next to strangers.

The storm passed quickly and it looked like I would only be a couple of hours delayed and would still make it to my friend's bachelorette party. Then an announcement comes that our flight is cancelled. There are no more flights today and I'll have to wait until the morning. Your luggage will be at carousel four. Well, at least I get to brush my teeth tonight and put on fresh makeup in the morning. "Sorry for the inconvenience but no luggage will be retrieved today. You'll have to wait until your flight in the morning." Ugh! All I could do was laugh. Seriously. An hour and a half later I finally exit the bus and land myself in one of the largest, longest and most heavy rainstorms I've seen. Streets were flooding and my stinky yellow wedges were ruined (yes I wore them again, I had to. They were the only shoes that worked with my outfit).

So now I'm home and in my own bed. I'll attempt another run at this trip tomorrow morning. I took a half day off from work today. Six hours of travel and I'm still in the exact same place. If this happens again tomorrow, you'll hear about it.

Lord PLEASE!!!

3 comments:

dawn said...

Dadgumit! Sorry about your stinky wedges.

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

Ohh Katester! I love your blog...it makes me so happy because I feel like I can hear your little voice too in every word! Miss you sweet friend and adore you even more....

The Mitchells said...

Did you EVER get to your party??