Monday, April 28, 2008

Spare Me the Details

Hello friends. I know, it has been a few days since I last posted. I'm tempted to go into the tiny little details of what my parents and I did this weekend during their visit to Chicago. I could say things like: saw my dynamic show! Improvised Shakespeare Company! Architecture Boat Tour! Eating pizza and ice cream! Napping! But I won't. Because you may be so filled with jealousy and rage that you'll be tempted to despise me.

Speaking of details...I read last week that an actual addiction to details exists. It's in the psychology books! Reading more about it I began to wonder if I suffer from addiction to details. When people ask, "What did you do this weekend?" I tend to give them a step by step replay of events. How boring for the other person! Do you really need to know that I ordered pizza from Pequods - which is really delicious by the way - or that I slept on the pull-out couch? Let me not forget that mom and I got manicures and pedicures. We both selected a reddish color for the toes and I ended up getting the color that she selected (Cherry Bomb) and she got the color I selected (Garnet). hahahaha! Oh that's hilarious! (dry the tears) There's plenty more great stories where that came from, but I'll spare you. What did I tell you? Detail addiction? Check! What I left out and am obsessing over is the detail that it was Essie brand nail polish. Necessary information? Maybe.

One more tiny detail from this weekend: We went and saw Baby Mama starring Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. I had to support my girls on their opening day! I mean, when do you ever see a buddy comedy starring two women? NEVER! It was a cute movie. Not great, but cute. I found myself being more jealous of their collaboration than anything. I want to do a buddy comedy with my BFF! I much prefer working with a team than working alone. That's why I'm much better at volleyball than golf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I have a details issue too! I'm the one who asked you specifically what color you and mom chose for your mani/pedi adventure. I love the details!