Monday, April 21, 2008

Lobby Hero

Saturday night I had another opportunity to do a student film for Columbia College. I was cast as Dawn from Kenneth Lonergan's Lobby Hero. She's a rookie police officer who is "befriended" by a security officer in a condo building. But we didn't have a police uniform available (Thankfully! Those pants would have looked horrible on me.) so I was quickly elevated to "detective." Typical detective uniform: Boring black shoes - check! Jeans - check! Bas-ass black leather jacket - check, double check! A killer glare - check! Badge that said "Special Police" and handcuffs from a children's police officer kit - check! Teenage acne - sadly, check.


We filmed in an awesome office that was way cooler than my real office. We had the whole lights, camera, action...and lapel mics that were not-so-discreetly placed. Hilarious moment: John forgot to turn off his lapel mic before going to the bathroom. Seven and a half hours after arriving we were done. I was hungry and delirious at one point and kept screwing up one line. After I finally got it, we all gave a "Thank God!" and moved to the next scene.


I'll post pictures when I have time to upload them. My scene partner, John, drew a caricature of me with my tag line for the day, "I'm a cop!" I'll post it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like hard work...and a bit of fun. I'm still waiting to see the other student film you did. The one where you ran through the streets carrying a rug? Any chance you'll get a copy?
Love,
Mom