Friday, April 18, 2008

Size Two? Really?

I'm too depressed to blog right now. I have seen nothing but Mariah Carey splashed all over the place. Perhaps that has something to do with her CD coming out this week. I admit that I was home Tuesday night bored out of my mind and watched American Idol. Class got cancelled - a rare treat. Mariah Carey mentored these young reality stars as they sang her songs. I think she probably came off a little nicer than she is in real life. Anyone notice that she ended each description of a contestant with a closed mouth smile? Maybe she was just uncomfortable and really wanted to say, "THEY ALL SUCK! THEY'LL NEVER BE ME!" I don't know, I just didn't see the Diva in her until she sang with a sparkly/bedazzled microphone and stand during the "reveal" show.

I digress... Why am I depressed? Oh yes! It has to do with something I read. I heard that she dropped three sizes and 20 pounds in eight months. She went from a size eight to a size two. I must admit that she looks gorgeous, but seriously, a size two? Come on! That means all those little Sarah Jessica Parkers are size negative sixes. It just got me thinking that oh my goodness! I can't eat like a freakin' teenager anymore. I couldn't even eat like one WHEN I was a teenager. I need to call Mariah Carey's nutritionist ASAP! I need my mouth wired shut. I need to not be passionately in love with food anymore. See, this is what we call a desperately guilty panic moment. I must have just eaten a cookie. I think I've had a cookie every day this week. Why? I don't know. I have no will power.

I'm using my blog as a type of confession today. Maybe if I blurt out the fact that I have a problem, I'll actually do something about it.

So anyway, I don't think she's an actual size two. My sister and I made lots of snarky comments about it. But I won't deny that she looks fantastic.

Sigh.

3 comments:

The Mitchells said...

There is a 2 in the size that I wear as well...does that count?

Anonymous said...

I read on a subway ad somewhere that anything that makes you hate food is intrinsically doomed to fail. Ads in the subway are usually right.

Anonymous said...

You'd look quite weird as a size 2 person. DON'T DO IT!!! I'm your mom and naturally love you just the way you are. But I have no doubt I'd feel that way even if I weren't your parent.
You're beautiful, fun, lovely, intelligent ,gorgeous, funny, beautiful, wise, pretty, have a killer smile, fabulous hair, and all sorts of body parts that are just as they're supposed to be.
Mariah Carey? You're waaaaaaaay better than her!
So there.
Love,
mom