Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dream #412

Last night I had the most incredible dream! I was so sad to wake up and realize that it wasn't true.

The dream involved me auditioning with Sydney Pollack for the new movie filming in Chicago, Public Enemies. You know, the movie with Christian Bale and Johnny Depp. I was auditioning using a role that had already been cast. It was a fantastic role with hopes of an Oscar nomination. He liked me so much that he said, "Here's what we're going to do, I'm not longer going to have that other girl in this role, I'm casting you." Next thing I know I'm almost in tears with joy and riding the el home reading the script and glancing at the wardrobe for my character. You know how much I love clothes! And a wardrobe made for me and this character? Solid gold. I was so enthralled with it that I missed my stop. I was also cast opposite one of my high school friends. Seriously, I was on cloud 9. It was devastating waking up to reality! But hey, there's hope.

Two things:
1. Sydney Pollack just passed away from cancer. I read that bit of news yesterday which crept it's way into my dream.
2. I saw the set crew setting up for Public Enemies on Lincoln last night. They turned all the shops by the Biograph theater into 1930 storefronts. They were also putting down the faux cobblestone streets. I can't wait to see it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dream should come true, in some form or another. The sooner the better!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name's Lisa and I live way out in Sycamore. A friend of mine just pointed me to your blog. I'm currently waiting for a callback just to work as an extra on Public Enemies (they've booked me for a couple of dates, but they haven't scheduled hair/wardrobe yet, and the last time that happened, nothing ever materialized). She thought I'd appreciate your dream, haha. I did.

http://www.livejournal.com/~lalittlecricket/
(just because it's polite).

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

hey katy, can you change my blog name on the lindsay family blog to lifewiththepaulls.blogspot.com ???

its a joint account now and i got rid of the old one. i think you're the only one that can do it cause you're the administrator. thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness it wasn't in your dream that you had to cut your hair... :) (per our conversation as we drove by the set)

Katy said...

Hi Lisa,

so glad you are reading my blog! Hopefully it will give you some encouragement to keep going even when you have no idea what you're doing :-) And give Johnny and Christian a kiss for me!