Friday, May 09, 2008

White Sox



Yesterday was a perfect day for a baseball game! It was even more perfect because I took the day off so I could have a dentist's hands in my mouth for the first three hours of the morning. Numb-faced with a persistent ringing in my ears, thanks to the drill, I met up with James to go see the White Sox take on the Twins.

The air was cool, the sun was warm, and the hotdogs were plentiful. I'll cut to the chase: the Sox won. I also learned a new phrase from the 50 year-old southside lawyers sitting behind us: Quiche-eaters. That was their phrase for northside Cub fans. I guess it symbolizes their opinion that northsiders are prissy and high-maintenance - men and women alike. Hilarious if you're from Chicago.


I had some winning moments and some losing moments during the game:


Winning moment = sitting on the sunny side on a 60 degree day.


Losing moment = the last bite of my Brat falling out of the bun and onto the cement ground. I'm pretty sure the whole stadium heard me shriek.


Winning moment = knowing that "Danger Zone" is by Kenny Loggins.


Losing moment = forgetting to wear sunscreen, yet again. I look like Rudolph today.


Winning moment = drinking a beer at the ballpark. I'm not a huge fan of beer but I did it because baseball games call for it.


Losing moment = trying to drink a beer out of a bottle while the whole left side of your face is numb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, no singing during the 7th inning stretch? Was it the numb face? :-)

Da cubbies let us sing "take me out to the ballgame".

On a sunny day, we always want to play a double header.

P2