Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The List

I wonder what it would be like to be a guy that makes five 30-something year-old women giggle with delight after an elevator door opens to reveal you in all your handsome glory.

Last night I was feeling tired and looking rough. My unwashed hair was on top of my head in a bun and my greasy bangs with sprouts of grey were held back by a headband. My eyes were puffy from too much salt and I could barely utter a "hey" when in my mind I was saying "Hello gorgeous!" Really, he was THAT good looking. We held our cackles until we left the building and it turns out we were all thinking the same thing - "Why didn't I pretend to forget something so I could ride the elevator with him!" Really, I need to be more prepared when it comes to my game. Here's my new regimen for supreme readiness:

1. Shower - it will always elevate the odds.

2. Smile - when in doubt, smile. It's much better than a cranky stare.

3. Make haste! - Girl, have your excuses ready! Drop everything when you see an opportunity.

4. Awareness - When you're riding the bus and you notice five cute guys boarding, remove the headphones and close the book. Makes you more approachable. Then apply points 1 - 3.

5. Lipstick - I'm not sure why other than my mother always tells me to put it on.

Please feel free to share your tips. All of us single people in the blogosphere are appreciative.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Eye contact and like you said, big smile. I have a huge smile but never use it when I see a cute guy. I usually glance at him from a distance, then when I get closer to him I glance again, look down and give one of my weak "no teeth" smiles. Pathetic. Maybe that's why I never meet anyone. So smile big!!

Anonymous said...

stare. seriously. i read once that it is a big turn on for a guy to have a girl not just glance at him and look away, but have an extended stare - it implies interest and makes them come to you. plus, it shows confidence to not look away shyly when they see you are checking them out. continue with your check-out, and make it obvious. at the least, you'll get a "check-out" look back.