Thursday, May 22, 2008

Reality TV

I'm an actress and shouldn't like or watch any reality TV shows. Wouldn't that make me a traitor? But I can't help it! So You Think You Can Dance premiere's tonight. I'm as excited as a high schooler who just finished finals and is heading into summer. Okay, maybe not that excited. Really, there isn't a better feeling. Except maybe holding your child for the first time or something like that...but it's close! I dare you to watch this show and not love it. Granted it's just like American idol the first few weeks where they audition people in different cities and show too many of the terrible ones. Aw, but the personal stories...get me everytime.

I'll admit that last night I was home watching the longest two hours of American Idol ever. I'd admit that it was the biggest waste of time except I was also reading the most current In Style. So time wasting averted! I'm beginning to think I should have live blogged the event. I had so many "observations" that Jessie probably wanted to punch me in the mouth so I couldn't talk. Here's a sampling:

1. Amanda - Isn't she the one that sings like Janice Joplin? I'm pretty sure she had absolutely no desire to be singing and "dancing" for the group routines. It's my opinion that they didn't let her sing unless it was her solo.

2. American Idol hates the girl contestants. Seriously, why would they make them do choreography like that?

3. Did Sarah from SYTYCD (so you think you can dance) cut her hair off? Eeek! I'm not sure that was her. Tragic if it is.

4. SHAMELESS product placement everywhere. Mike Myers. Oh dear. I'm cringing so bad my butt is twinging.

5. Little young David seems a little lost and doesn't quite know what to do about all of these shameless product placements.

6. Seal is HUGE!

7. My junior high crush on Robert Downey, Jr. is back. Do you remember that movie Chances Are? He's pure adorableness.

8. Finally, the end! And the winner is???? WHAT?! WHY DID THE DVR STOP RECORDING!?

And there you have it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was cringing too at the terrible plug of Mike Myers, I have a feeling if I see his movie, I will be cringing for 2 hours straight. Our Tivo cut off too, but at least we got to see who won. And the winner is...David...Cook...Tivo cuts off. I was so happy that David Cook won. I LOVE LOVE his voice. His style is totally my type of music. I am sorry that I missed his reaction. Bummer...

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

haha, i'm responding to number 7. i justed watched chances are for the first time on WE tv this weekend. jeff walked in, trying to be all "manly" or whatever and was like "what the heck are you watching" and i told him. he then sat down for a minute and was like "if you're gonna watch this turn it up loud enough so i can hear" :) we watched the whole thing :)

Beck said...

Ugh, Katy...#7. We are so on the same wavelength. My junior high crush on RDJ is back in effect. However, for me the ultimate RDJ movie was "Less Than Zero." Talk about hot - although he played an entitled drug addict.