Monday, May 05, 2008

World Premiere!

So a year ago I shot my first student film. Let me stress the word STUDENT. In a few years I'll be saying, "After my first Oscar-winning performance where I had to makeout with Matt Damon...." Oh that will be beautiful. Anyway, where was I going with this? Oh yes, a woman from the graduate program at the Art Institute of Chicago did a film about a family. How do I know this? It's called My Family. That's really all I know about the film. That and my character was obsessed with rugs. I was beginning to lose hope of ever seeing it because we filmed it so long ago. Well wouldn't you know that last week I got an email from the director. Not only do I get a DVD of it but I also have the opportunity to go watch myself on the big screen! It's such an awesome film that it's premiering at 10:00 AM this Saturday at the Gene Siskell theater. Only awesome films premiere at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning.

In all honesty I'm a little scared to go see it. Okay, a lotta scared. It was my first film. We also shot it in the middle of the summer with me wearing a full suit under really hot lights. And by the transitive property, you have SWEATY Katy. I think I'll also die when I see my butt bouncing down Michigan Avenue as I run away from the camera while holding a big rug. It's going to test the strength of my self-confidence. Hopefully I can just laugh at it instead of wanting to go hide in a corner and give up on my dream.

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: