Thursday, May 01, 2008

Another Dream...

What the heck did I eat last night?

So last night I had a dream that I had a baby. It started out that both my sister, Erin, and I were pregnant. She had her baby an hour before I went into labor. She kept telling me, "Trust me, you'll know when it's labor." Then immediately my pelvis began hurting. I said, "OH MY GOODNESS! I'M IN LABOR!" Next thing I know, I am holding a baby boy in my arms with dark hair. The funny thing is that both Erin's and my baby could walk and climb things. They were tiny little tikes to be walking and climbing. We both had boys. I couldn't decide on a name. Random names like Greg would pop up and I'd say, "No, that's not it." My husband was no where to be found although I'm pretty sure I was married. I kept wanting to call the baby Archer and then I'd think, "DANGIT! That name is already taken!" Erin and I were sitting in a dark room in the middle of the night breast feeding our babies...and I didn't care who saw my boobs. I kept waiting for it to hurt really bad like it does when you first start out. Then I woke up.

SO WEIRD! Can anyone interpret that one for me?

UPDATE:

Here's what Becky thought. She's a licensed counselor so it may have some merit.

I used to have dreams about having a baby many years ago. My mom once told me that she had the same dreams and sometimes the baby in the dream signified herself. Just food for thought.

Thoughts about Erin going first: marriage & baby.
Thoughts about the gender: maybe you're dreaming finding the "right guy" (like how you couldn't choose a name...but by the way, Greg S. is taken. Sorry. Oh, and you can't marry Archer.)

For real though, I do think baby dreams are about new birth in our lives, whether literal or figurative. Do you need to give birth to something new? Are you putting it off for fear it will "hurt?" Are you ready to be shameless about this new thing? (ex: no shame in breast feeding your baby?)

Interesting...

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Weird. I dreamt I was in labor 2 nights ago. I go to www.dreammoods.com. Not sure if it's accurate or bs but it's interesting.
Pregnant

"To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal."

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious Katy. You are probably scarred by the images you saw of me after I brought Archer home. How awesome would it be to be preggers together?!
I love how honest you are!

Heidi said...

Wow, I'm impressed with Becky's analysis. I might have to send her my dreams for analysis as well. :)

Anonymous said...

I've given it more thought and can see the idea of giving birth to something new...and now wonder if you haven't been a bit hasty in pushing aside your idea of full-time acting. Hmmmmmm. Think about it.
Love,
Mom

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

oh my goodness. i haven't been at my blog for awhile, but i definitely have to start blogging my dreams- they're crazy. i keep waking jeff up in the middle of the night dazed, screaming "jeff make me wake up i am so scared in my dream"...and i'll be crying and stuff. (all of this i find out later), but then a couple minutes will pass and i'll do the same thing again, and jeff will say "WAKE UP!!! COME ON....BLAH BLAH BLAH" and then apparently i get really pissed at him and i tell him "seriously, i want my dream to end happy, let me go back to sleep!!!!!" i'm so crazy....

i also had a dream the other night that i was pregnant and i took the test, and instead of one plus sign showing up, there were like 30. and then the toilet paper had plus signs all over it. weird. basicallly i just updated my blog on your comments. thanks!!!

lindsay said...

That Becks is a smart one!!!