Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Countdown

The snow turned this city upside down yesterday and it was fantastic! It was perfect for putting me in the Christmas spirit. Quiet snowfall, Christmas lights, dinner party with friends and Christmas music combine for a perfect holiday night.















Here's a little peek at our apartment decorated for Christmas. See the red bows? I made them! I did crafts!

I even have these adorable dish towels with embroidered Christmas trees, ornaments and Rudolph. Can someone please tell me why all dishtowels are terrible for drying dishes? Has anyone found the perfect dishtowel?

Here's the perfect winter meal I served, perhaps imperfectly, last night. Baked Macaroni and Cheese with roasted asparagus, wine and chocolate chip cookies hot out of the oven. It was even better served on my Christmas plates. I finally got to use them!

Another question: Why do recipes insist on using terms like "temper the egg" while explaining how to make something? I'm as uneducated as they come when it involves cooking. I kept my laptop in the kitchen to help me with terms that left me stumped.

The kid in me also came out on Saturday night. We braved the snow after dinner to play laser tag at a friend's birthday party. I'm usually a stellar player but found my score ranging around -725. I still claim that my gun wasn't working properly! Then Fernando and I found an open field of snow and pumped up by a U2 song, we sprinted across it, threw a few snowballs. A few moments later we realized it's FREEZING! But how often do you get to do something like that? You've got to embrace it while you can.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend of Holiday parties, chocolate and being with friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your place looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job with your apt! Crafts?! Who knew?

How come i've never been treated to baked MacNcheese with asparagus and wine? (ahem, I've been treated to chocolate...)

I love that you had a great blizzard like that. (mmm, now I want a Blizzard from DQ)

I think it runs in the Orender family to do a bang-up job on decorating for Christmas...

love you!

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

OHHH MY GOSH!!! Can I PLEASE come over! YUUM on the meal (i could eat my whole weight worth of baked mac and cheese!) I want to come do some christmas crafts with you, sit in your PRECIOUS, cozy apartment while listening to Christmas music watching the snow and eat off your cute christmas plates! Hostess to the mostess!! That's the most fun night ever!!
Love and miss you and hope you have the MERRIEST CHRISTMAS!! Will you be heading this way?!! :)

Anonymous said...

Seems like you are living the dream, large and in charge. Good for you!