Monday, December 10, 2007

Fa La La La La...La La...La...La

This post is in honor of my sister, Erin, who would kick a cute puppy as long as she never had to hear Bruce Springstein's Santa Claus is Coming to Town ever again. It makes the Top 12 List of the worst Christmas songs ever. Justice served!

Click here to read the rest (thanks to Pop Candy). Is your favorite song on the list?

We're a Johnny Mathis Christmas Album family. I know others have Christmas Albums that bring back family memories. Anyone here a Tender Tennesse Christmas fan? Amy Grant? Anyone? I love that song. It brings me back. Mariah Carey's Christmas Album takes me back to my sophomore year of college and living with Elizabeth Lewis. All I Want for Christmas is You just doesn't get old. It had a nice revival a few years ago in the movie Love Actually. I can't help but watch that movie and want to run out and tell everyone I love them.

6 comments:

Kellsey said...

Tender Tennessee Christmas all the way, baby.

Man, I haven't thought of that song in a while, and I LOVE it. Thanks for reminding me!

Beck said...

Tender Tennesse Christmas will always make me think of you, sniff!

We were a John Gary Christmas album family. But I don't think anyone else will be familiar. My favorite Christmas song from that album is called "Little Snowgirl." That album will really make me cry someday!

Anonymous said...

Amy Winehouse wants a white Christmas this year but ... oh wait, that isn't a song. Er... I will go with Sting and Bing Crosby doing the "Little Drummer Boy". Now that is a feat hard to duplicate.
(sorry Katy, couldn't resist) ;-)

Lindsay said...

Sorry, any Amy Grant song reminds me of my evil stepmother. I like the old school Xmas songs - from the 40s and 50s. And of course, the music from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Heidi said...

In college, my roommate and I used to listen to the Christmas albums of Mariah Carey, Kenny G and Jewel. You'd think college for me was in the early 90s -- nope, definitely just 5 years ago. Hmmmm...Growing up, my parents liked Anne Murray and Beth always listened to those annoying choir boys (sorry, Beth, they annoyed me after a while...).

Anonymous said...

Truly, I would kick a puppy as long as I didnt have to hear that horrid song. Right now I'm trying to get Connor and Archer to pose for a christmas pic, and I dont have much christmas cheer ;)
Bah Humbug! Just kidding...I love this time of year!