Monday, June 02, 2008

Letter from Andrew

I'm laughing and tearing up just reading Andrew's new blog post. I couldn't receive a better compliment EVER.

There is a road that we all follow, a road that stares us down and challenges us every day. No Wendy it is not the yellow brick road, it is not Dallas PKWY, it is the road that God has laid down for us to follow that leads us to him. Eventually most of us will lose hope that it is actually possible to make it through all the temptations alive. Fortunately there is hope, and it is everywhere. I have found it in the form of Patrick, Katy, and Erin a.k.a. my brother and sisters. I watch them everyday and realize that if they can make it then I can make it. They encourage me, the example they have set for me to follow. I am so proud to have them as family. (They are very lucky to have me as a brother) They give me a reason to fight temptation and to challenge the challenge that faces all of us. I want to be like all 3 of them. I've seen the adults that they have all become (Erin is still immature) and there is nothing about any of them that I want to change. I have 1 more year until college and I have been told by many grown ups that college is the year that all good kids break out and go crazy. I don't want to be that kid, I want to hold strong convictions like Patrick, be creative like Katy, be hilarious like Erin, and be as great as all 3 of them. I find encouragement in everything they have become and find hope that it is actually possible to follow the road that God has set down before us.

I love you Erin Katy and Patrick!


Seriously, we are so blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is so full of love! He is so amazing. Chris and I talk about him all the time. Who knew that when I was 12, Katy 14, Patrick 17, that this new little baby would grow to be such a wonderful person.